Special Care Dental Nursing (Online) (NEBDN Certificate)
27 April 2018
About the course
This NEBDN Certificate in Special Care Dental Nursing will provide Dental Nurses with an in depth knowledge of medical conditions and how these affect the treatment and care that patients receive.
It is suitable for dental nurses that work both in the Special Care setting but also dental nurses in practice that see a wide variety of patients that have medical and social needs. Dental Nurses will attend an in-house induction and then complete modules online - 45 weeks in total.
If you are interested and would like to read some case studies from our 2015 candidates:
Feedback from previous candidates on course:
"The online course was very informative".
Dental Nurses who work with special care patients (patients with a variety of medical and social needs) on a regular basis
The course will cover:
- Special Care provision
- Medical conditions and how these affect the treatment
- Oral Health Education
- Medical Emergencies
- Special Care settings
- Legislation and Consent.
By the end of this course dental nurses will be able to:
- Support patients with various medical conditions and demonstrate how these may affect the treatment and care that patients will receive
- Be familiar with the various special care settings
- Be aware of current relevant legislation including consent
- Promote patients General and Oral Health
- Demonstrate Basic Life Support, Manual Handling and CPD through the completion of a Record of Competence
- Demonstrate competency in assisting with the treatment of Special Care patients undergoing treatment through the completion of a Record of Competence.
- GDC Registration
- Working regularly with special care patients (patients with a range of medical and social needs)
- Treating patients under conscious sedation and/or under general anaesthetic and/or domiciliary
- PC & Internet connection
To gain the qualification you will need:
- 80% attendance on course dates
- Successful completion of NEBDN Record of Competence
- Achieve pass mark in the NEBDN written examination
All days attended and modules completed are verifiable CPD
- Day 1: Friday 27th April 2018
- Day 2: Saturday 28th April 2018
- Day 3: Friday 3rd August 2018
- Day 4: Friday 30th November 2018
- Day 5: Friday 1st February 2019
3rd Floor Dental Extension,
Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust,
London, SE5 9RW
£795 (inclusive of NEBDN Registration & Exam fees)
How to apply
Please download and complete our application form and applicant checklist to apply for the course. Please ensure you read and complete all sections of the application form. Please note that any forms received into the centre that are incomplete will be returned.
Please follow the link below to make an online payment now:
Please note that prices may be subject to change.
For further information on the seminar please email Carol White or Maxine Durr at kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net or call 020 3299 1611 to speak with a member of the team.
You can also visit our website: https://dnetc.kch.nhs.uk/
If you require any accommodation please refer to our ‘How to find us’ page