Radiography (NEBDN Certificate)
01 Jun 2018
About the course
This course is designed to provide both theoretical and practical instruction, along with portfolio support, for candidates wishing to sit the NEBDN certificate in Dental Radiography.
Feedback from previous candidates on course:
- Great experience, great people
- Great support from tutors
- Would definitely recommend this course
- Good value for money
- Superb teachers.
You will be expected to attend the Centre on the following dates:
- 01 June 2018
- 02 June 2018
- 09 June 2018
- 20 July 2018
- 21 September 2018
- 19 October 2018
- 16 November 2018
- 18 January 2019
- 22 February 2019
- 08 March 2019 Exam
GDC Registed Dental Nurses
This course will cover:
- Radiation physics
- Radiation Protection
- X-ray apparatus and equipment
- Film types, intensifying screens, darkroom requirements and processing
- Digital imagery
By the end of this course dental nurses will be able to:
- Discuss the principles of radiation physics and protection
- Have awareness of current legislation and safe practice with regards to dental radiography
- Demonstrate safe use of apparatus and equipment
- Discuss film types and their uses
- Demonstrate competency in taking intra oral, extra oral and digital x-rays through the completion of a Record of Experience.
- GDC Registration Number
- Access to patients for both intra and extra oral x-ray equipment (50 cases)
- Self motivation
- Supportive employer who will supervise you in your workplace
- Please refer to the application checklist under 'How to Apply' to ensure you meet all of the requirements.
To achieve this qualification you will need:
- 80% attendance on course dates
- Successful completion of NEBDN Record of Experience which includes the compilation of 3x1000 word case studies
- Achieve pass mark in the NEBDN final examination
9.30 - 5.00 weekdays
10.00 - 4.00 weekends
Dental Team Education Centre,
3rd Floor Dental Extension,
Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust,
London, SE5 9RW
£995 (including NEBDN registration & examination fees)
How to apply
As of 01 March 2018, the DTEC centre will be increasing all course fees.
This has been the first increase in a number of years and the centre does needs to ensure that it is available to deliver a quality service.
Any applicants who enquire and pay a course deposit will be honoured the fees as stated prior to the 01 March 2018.
The new Course fee as of 01 March 2018 will be £1100.
When returning your application form and applicant checklist, you will also need to send back a copy of your up to date GDC Registration document and Nursing qualification certificate.
Please note that any forms received into the centre that are incomplete will be returned.
Please follow the link below to make an online payment now: https://estore.kcl.ac.uk/product-catalogue/short-courses/dental-team-education-centre/nebdn-certificate-in-dental-radiography
Please note that prices may be subject to change.
For further information on the seminar please email Carol White or Maxine Durr at kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net or call 020 3299 1611 to speak with a member of the team.
If you require any accommodation please refer to our How to find us page