Radiography (NEBDN Certificate)
02 Jun 2017
About the course
Dates you will need to attend the Centre:-
Friday 2 June 2017
Saturday 3 June 2017
Saturday 10 June 2017
Friday 21 July 2017
Friday 22 September 2017
Friday 20 October 2017
Friday 17 November 2017
Friday 19 January 2018
Friday 16 February 2018
Exam Date - TBC
This course is designed to provide both theoretical and practical instruction, along with portfolio support, for candidates wishing to sit the NEBDN certificate in Dental Radiography.
Feedback from previous candidates on course:
- Great experience, great people
- Great support from tutors
- Would definitely recommend this course
- Good value for money
- Superb teachers.
GDC Registed Dental Nurses
This course will cover:
- Radiation physics
- Radiation Protection
- X-ray apparatus and equipment
- Film types, intensifying screens, darkroom requirements and processing
- Digital imagery
By the end of this course dental nurses will be able to:
- Discuss the principles of radiation physics and protection
- Have awareness of current legislation and safe practice with regards to dental radiography
- Demonstrate safe use of apparatus and equipment
- Discuss film types and their uses
- Demonstrate competency in taking intra oral, extra oral and digital x-rays through the completion of a Record of Experience.
- GDC Registration Number
- Access to patients for both intra and extra oral x-ray equipment (50 cases)
- Self motivation
- Supportive employer who will supervise you in your workplace
- Please refer to the application checklist under 'How to Apply' to ensure you meet all of the requirements.
To achieve this qualification you will need:
- 80% attendance on course dates
- Successful completion of NEBDN Record of Experience which includes the compilation of 3x1000 word case studies
- Achieve pass mark in the NEBDN final examination
9.30 - 5.00 weekdays 10.00 - 4.00 weekends
Dental Team Education Centre, 3rd Floor Dental Extension, Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Caldecot Road, London, SE5 9RW
£995 (including NEBDN registration & examination fees)
How to apply
Please download and complete our application form and applicant checklist to apply for the course. Please ensure you read and complete all sections of the application form. Please note that any forms received into the centre that are incomplete will be returned.
Please follow the link below to make an online payment now:
Please note that prices may be subject to change.
For further information on the seminar please email Carol White or Maxine Durr at kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net or call 020 3299 1611 to speak with a member of the team.
You can also visit our website: https://dnetc.kch.nhs.uk/
If you require any accommodation please refer to our ‘How to find us’ page