Orthodontic Nursing (NEBDN Certificate)
This course is now fully booked. We will not be accepting any more applications for this year’s course. If you are interested in being added to the database to be notified when the 2018 date is available, please email kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net.
About the course
The qualification was introduced to develop dental nurses who routinely assist during orthodontic procedures in order for them to practice competently and have a greater understanding or procedures carried out in their workplace.
Feedback from previous candidates who attended this course:
- Really enjoyed the course
Very supportive and helpful tutors
Very high standards of learning
Great experience, very informative and interesting.
You will be expected to attend the Centre on the following dates:
- 6 April 2017
- 11 May 2017
- 8 June 2017
- 19 July 2017
- 12 October 2017
- 16 November 2017
- 7 December 2017
- 11 January 2018
- 15 February 2018
- Exam Date - 16 March 18
GDC Registered Dental Nurses who work with patients requiring fixed and removable orthodontic treatment
The course will cover:
- Types of orthodontic treatment (Fixed & Removable)
- Orthodontic records
- Clinical photography
- Interdisciplinary care
- Oral Health Education
By the end of this course dental nurses will be able to:
- State aims, limitations, risk and benefits or orthodontic treatment
- Provide Oral Health Instructions
- Trace Cephalometric radiographs
- Prepare patients for and take clinical photographs
- Demonstrate competence in assisting with the treatment of patients undergoing orthodontic treatment through the completion of a Record of Experience.
- GDC Registration
- Access to 50 orthodontic cases including a minimum of 10 fixed, 10 removable and 5 functional
- Self motivation
- Supportive employer who will supervise you in your workplace
To gain the qualification you will need:
- 80% attendance on course dates
- Successful completion of NEBDN Record of Experience which includes the compilation of 2x2000 word case studies
- Achieve pass mark in the NEBDN written examination
9.30 - 5.00 weekdays
Lecture Room, 3rd Floor Dental Extension, King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Caldecot Road, London, SE5 9RW
How to apply
Please download and complete our application form and applicant checklist to apply for the course. Please ensure you read and complete all sections of the application form. Please note that any forms received into the centre that are incomplete will be returned.
Please follow the link below to make an online payment now:
Please note that prices may be subject to change.
For further information on the seminar please email Carol White or Maxine Durr at kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net or call 020 3299 1611 to speak with a member of the team.
You can also visit our website: https://dnetc.kch.nhs.uk/
If you require any accommodation please refer to our ‘How to find us’ page.