Orthodontic Nursing (NEBDN Certificate)
12 April 2018
About the course
The qualification was introduced to develop dental nurses who routinely assist during orthodontic procedures in order for them to practice competently and have a greater understanding or procedures carried out in their workplace.
Feedback from previous candidates who attended this course:
- Really enjoyed the course
- Very supportive and helpful tutors
- Very high standards of learning
- Great experience, very informative and interesting.
You will be expected to attend the Centre on the following dates:
- 12 April 18
- 10 May 18
- 07 June 18
- 18 July 18
- 20 September 18
- 11 October 18
- 15 November 18
- 6 December 18
- 10 January 19
- 14 February 19
- 08 March 19 Exam
GDC Registered Dental Nurses who work with patients requiring fixed and removable orthodontic treatment
The course will cover:
- Types of orthodontic treatment (Fixed & Removable)
- Orthodontic records
- Clinical photography
- Interdisciplinary care
- Oral Health Education
By the end of this course dental nurses will be able to:
- State aims, limitations, risk and benefits or orthodontic treatment
- Provide Oral Health Instructions
- Trace Cephalometric radiographs
- Prepare patients for and take clinical photographs
- Demonstrate competence in assisting with the treatment of patients undergoing orthodontic treatment through the completion of a Record of Experience.
- GDC Registration
- Access to 50 orthodontic cases including a minimum of 10 fixed, 10 removable and 5 functional
- Self motivation
- Supportive employer who will supervise you in your workplace
To gain the qualification you will need:
- 80% attendance on course dates
- Successful completion of NEBDN Record of Experience which includes the compilation of 2x2000 word case studies
- Achieve pass mark in the NEBDN written examination
9.30 - 5.00 weekdays
3rd Floor Dental Extension,
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust,
London, SE5 9RW
How to apply
As of 01 March 2018, the DTEC centre will be increasing all course fees.
This has been the first increase in a number of years and the centre does needs to ensure that it is available to deliver a quality service.
Any applicants who enquire and pay a course deposit will be honoured the fees as stated prior to the 01 March 2018.
The new Course fee as of 01 March 2018 will be £1100.
When returning your application form and applicant checklist, you will also need to send back a copy of your up to date GDC Registration document and Nursing qualification certificate.
Please note that any forms received into the centre that are incomplete will be returned.
Please follow the link below to make an online payment now: https://estore.kcl.ac.uk/product-catalogue/short-courses/dental-team-education-centre/nebdn-certificate-in-orthodontic-dental-nursing
Please note that prices may be subject to change.
For further information on the seminar please email Carol White or Maxine Durr at kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net or call 020 3299 1611 to speak with a member of the team.