NEBDN National Diploma in Dental Nursing Online
28 April 2018
About the course
This course is designed to prepare students for the NEBDN Diploma in Dental Nursing and subsequent registration with the General Dental Council (GDC). Students are required to be employed as a Dental Nurse prior to being accepted onto the course and will need to have a nominated workplace mentor. Theoretical training to support the workplace learning is provided online via the Dental Team Education Centre (DTEC) virtual learning environment and consists of:
- Learning materials
- Exam style modular assessments
- Continual tutor support
- Support for workplace mentors
In addition to the theoretical training students are offered two mock examination days to fully prepare them for their NEBDN Diploma and are required to complete an electronic Record of Experience (ROE) to document their clinical competence. The course consistently produces pass rates well above the national average and has high student satisfaction rates.
People who wish to pursue a Dental Nursing career
What do our learners think?
"My experience of the online national certificate course was fantastic. The modules were really interesting, well laid out and easy to follow. The assignments were very useful throughout the learning process and also as revision aids. I was especially happy with the regular feedback and support I received from the tutors throughout the course and I liked the fact that I was able to interact with other students in the online forums. This course allowed me to work full-time and study at home and after one year I am really happy to have qualified as a dental nurse, Many thanks to all the kings college team."
The course provides teaching in line with the NEBDN Diploma in Dental Nursing curriculum and the General Dental Councils ‘Preparing for Practice’ document.
- Infection Control
- Regional Anatomy
- Oral Surgery
- Patient Management
- Health and Safety
- Dental Disease etc
- Existing employment as a Dental Nurse
- A workplace mentor with GDC Registration (this person must attend the induction along with the student). Workplace mentors will need to be in a position to spend time supporting the student dental nurses' learning and liaising with the course tutor. This may be a DCP.
- PC & Internet Connection (not compatiable with Apple devices).
- NEBDN Record of Experience
- NEBDN Written Examination
- NEBDN Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
The course consist of three face to face days are provided during this course as follows
- Induction (attendance by student and mentor is compulsory)
- Mock Exam 1 (student only attendance)
- Mock Exam 2 (student only attendance)
How to apply
Please email kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net to enquire further about the course.