05 July 2018
About the course
On 1st January 2018 Ionising Radiation Regulations were updated and is now IRR 2017.
On 6th February 2018 the updated Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations were implemented and are now known as IR(ME)R 2018. These changes will be reflected in our next IR(ME)R update.
The course will update candidates and improve their knowledge and compliance of the Ionising Radiation Regulations (IRR) IRR 2017 and of the Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations IR(ME)R 2018 ensuring an improved, safer working practice.
All members of the Dental Team
To deliver information on legislation relating to the IRR 2017 and IR(ME)R 2018. To discuss radiation production and methods of limiting the effects of ionising radiation to delegates and others.
- Discuss IRR 2017 AND IR(ME)R 2018 and their importance in the workplace
- Discuss the production of x-rays and methods of restriction of exposure to themselves and others
- State the role of the Radiation Protection Supervisor, Advisor and employer
- State the role of the operator, referrer and practitioner
- Discuss justification of medical exposure and the ALARP principal
- Discuss the importance of dose limits, controlled areas, investigation & notification of incidents, training, monitoring, optimisation and Quality Assurance
- Discuss common film faults and how they can be avoided
Applicants must be GDC registered.
10:00 - 16:00
Dental Team Education Centre, 3rd Floor Dental Extension, Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Caldecot Road, London, SE5 9RW
How to apply
Please download and complete our application form to apply for the course. Please ensure you read and complete all sections of the application form. Please note that any forms received into the centre that are incomplete will be returned.
Please follow the link below to make an online payment now:
Please note that prices may be subject to change.
For further information on the seminar please email Carol White or Maxine Durr at kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net or call 020 3299 1611 to speak with a member of the team. You can also visit our website: https://dnetc.kch.nhs.uk/
If you require any accommodation please refer to our How to find us page.