Impression Taking (DTEC Certificate)
About the course
This one day course will provide the practical and theoretical knowledge and skills needed in order for dental nurses to competently take impressions of patients to the prescription of a dentist.
Dental Nurses will attend 1 day training and complete a portfolio of evidence.
30 June 2018
GDC Registered DCP's
This course will cover:
- Introduction to Clinical Patient Management
- Dental Materials
- Restorative dentistry procedures.
By the end of the course dental nurses will be able to:
- Discuss the various restorative procedures that require the use of dental impressions and the most suitable materials that can be used for each
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding through set assignments
- Demonstrate competency in safely taking dental impressions under the prescription of a dentist through completion of a portfolio of experience.
To be accepted onto the course candidates must hold:
- GDC Registration Number
- Current BLS Certificate
- Self Motivation
- Time to complete a Portfolio of Experience
- Supportive employer
- Access to adults and children requiring dental impressions
Please note that Candidates must have access to the following before enrolling on to the course:
- Access to a minimum of 12 patients, including at least:
- 7 dentate patients
- 2 edentulous patients
- 3 paediatric and adolescent patients
5 hours (approx)
3rd Floor Dental Extension,
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust,
London, SE5 9RW
How to apply
To apply please email Carol White or Maxine Durr at kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net or call 020 3299 1611 to speak with a member of theteam.
As of 01 March 2018, the DTEC centre will be increasing all course fees.
This has been the first increase in a number of years and the centre does needs to ensure that it is available to deliver a quality service.
Any applicants who enquire and pay a course deposit will be honoured the fees as stated prior to the 01 March 2018.
The new Course fee as of 01 March 2018 will be £375.00.
Please download and complete our application form and applicant checklist to apply for the course. Please ensure you read and complete all sections of the application form. Please note that any forms received into the centre that are incomplete will be returned.
Please follow the link below to make an online payment now: https://estore.kcl.ac.uk/product-catalogue/short-courses/dental-team-education-centre/dtec-certificate-in-impression-taking.