NEBDN Certificate in Dental Implant Nursing
01 November 2018
About the course
This course will develop Implant Dental Nurses' theoretical knowledge and skills. Topics will include: Treatment planning, implant procedures, complications, advanced procedures such as bone augmentation and sinus lifting, implant maintenance and oral health education.
You will also be expected to attend the Centre on the following dates:-
- 01 November 2018
- 17 January 2019
- 07 February 2019
- 07 March 2019
- 04 April 2019
- 16 May 2019
- 13 June 2019
- 11 July 2019
- 05 September 2019
- Exam date TBC
GDC Registered Dental Nurses who have access to patients undergoing surgical and restorative dental implant procedures
The course will cover:
- The theory of Osseo-integration
- Treatment planning and potential contra-indications to treatment
- Implant instrumentation and equipment
- Implant surgical and restorative procedures as well as complications that can arise
- Advanced implant procedures including bone augmentation and sinus lifting procedures
- Implant maintenance and Oral health education
- Clinical photography skills.
By the end of this course dental nurses will be able to:
- Discuss treatment planning options and potential contra-indications to treatment
- Discuss implant surgical and restorative procedures as well as complications that can arise
- Undertake a written examination to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of dental implant nursing
- Demonstrate competency in assisting with various Dental Implant procedures through completion of a portfolio.
The entry requirements for the course are as follows:
- GDC Registration
- Access to assist with dental implants
- Self Motivation
- Supportive Employer who will supervise you in your workplace.
To gain the qualification you will need to be:
- Providing support to 6 patients undergoing assessment and treatment planning for dental implants
- Providing support to 8 patients undergoing the surgical stages of implants
- Providing support to 10 patients undergoing restorative stages of implants
- Provide 2 reflective accounts of advanced surgical procedures
- Provide a reflective account on your knowledge and skills in relation to implant dental nursing
- Provide certified copy of up to date Basic Life Support Training Certificate
- Pass a written examination.
9.30 - 4.30
3rd Floor Dental Extension,
Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust,
London, SE5 9RW
How to apply
As of 01 March 2018, the DTEC centre will be increasing all course fees.
This has been the first increase in a number of years and the centre does needs to ensure that it is available to deliver a quality service.
Any applicants who enquire and pay a course deposit will be honoured the fees as stated prior to the 01 March 2018.
The new Course fee as of 01 March 2018 will be £1100.
When returning your application form and applicant checklist, you will also need to send back a copy of your up to date GDC Registration document and Nursing qualification certificate.
Please note that any forms received into the centre that are incomplete will be returned.
Please follow the link below to make an online payment now: https://estore.kcl.ac.uk/product-catalogue/short-courses/dental-team-education-centre/dtec-certificate-in-dental-implant-nursing
Please note that prices may be subject to change.
For further information on the seminar please email Carol White or Maxine Durr at kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net or call 020 3299 1611 to speak with a member of the team.
If you require any accommodation please refer to our How to find us page.