NEBDN Certificate in Dental Implant Nursing
09 Nov 2017
About the course
This course will develop Implant Dental Nurses' theoretical knowledge and skills. Topics will include: Treatment planning, implant procedures, complications, advanced procedures such as bone augmentation and sinus lifting, implant maintenance and oral health education.
You will be expected to attend the Centre on the following dates:-
- Thursday 9 November 2017
- Thursday 18 January 2018
- Thursday 8 February 2018
- Thursday 8 March 2018
- Thursday 5 April 2018
- Thursday 17 May 2018
- Thursday 14 June 2018
- Thursday 12 July 2018
- Thursday 6 September 2018
- Exam Date - TBC
GDC Registered Dental Nurses who have access to patients undergoing surgical and restorative dental implant procedures
The course will cover:
- The theory of Osseo-integration
- Treatment planning and potential contra-indications to treatment
- Implant instrumentation and equipment
- Implant surgical and restorative procedures as well as complications that can arise
- Advanced implant procedures including bone augmentation and sinus lifting procedures
- Implant maintenance and Oral health education
- Clinical photography skills.
By the end of this course dental nurses will be able to:
- Discuss treatment planning options and potential contra-indications to treatment
- Discuss implant surgical and restorative procedures as well as complications that can arise
- Undertake a written examination to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of dental implant nursing
- Demonstrate competency in assisting with various Dental Implant procedures through completion of a portfolio.
The entry requirements for the course are as follows:
- GDC Registration
- Access to assist with dental implants
- Self Motivation
- Supportive Employer who will supervise you in your workplace.
To gain the qualification you will need to be:
- Providing support to 6 patients undergoing assessment and treatment planning for dental implants
- Providing support to 8 patients undergoing the surgical stages of implants
- Providing support to 10 patients undergoing restorative stages of implants
- Provide 2 reflective accounts of advanced surgical procedures
- Provide a reflective account on your knowledge and skills in relation to implant dental nursing
- Provide certified copy of up to date Basic Life Support Training Certificate
- Pass a written examination.
9.30 - 4.30
Lecture Room, 3rd Floor Dental Extension, Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Caldecot Road, London, SE5 9RW
How to apply
Please download and complete our application form and applicant checklist to apply for the course. Please ensure you read and complete all sections of the application form and applicant checklist. Please note that any forms received into the centre that are incomplete will be returned.
Please follow the link below to make an online payment now:
Please note that prices may be subject to change.
For further information on the seminar please email Carol White or Maxine Durr at kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net or call 020 3299 1611 to speak with a member of the team.
You can also visit our website: https://dnetc.kch.nhs.uk/
If you require any accommodation please refer to our ‘How to find us’ page.