Certificate in Endodontic Nursing (DTEC Certificate)
About the course
This course will provide the practical and theoretical knowledge and skills needed in order for dental nurses to competently assist with all stages of endodontic treatment. Dental Nurses will need to attend all 4 days face to face teaching and after this will complete a portfolio of experience.
All Dental Care Professionals who are GDC registered
The course will cover:
- Aetiology of pulpal and periapical disease
- Diagnosis and management of pulpal and periapical disease
- Patient consent and communication for root canal treatment
- Root canal anatomy and access cavities
- Materials, instruments and equipment used for root canal treatment including rubber dam and setting up a microscope
- Root canal preparation
- Root canal obturation
By the end of the course the dental nurse will be able to:
- Describe current theoretical knowledge of root canal treatment
- Demonstrate practical skills to assist chairside with all stages of root canal treatment
- Demonstrate their knowledge and understanding through set assignments
What do I need?
- Dental Nursing Qualification
- GDC Registration Number
- Self Motivation
- Time to complete a portfolio
- Supportive Employer
- Access to adults requiring endodontic treatment
How do I achieve the qualification?
- 100% attendance on the course dates
- Successful completion of a portfolio of experience
- Pass set assignments
9.00 - 4.30
3rd Floor Dental Extension,
Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust,
London, SE5 9RW
How to apply
We do not have any further dates for 2018.
To be added to the 2018 waiting list, or for further information on the seminar please email Carol White or Maxine Durr at email@example.com or call 020 3299 1611 to speak with a member of the team.