Oral Health Education (NEBDN Certificate)
06 Oct 2017
About the course
In order to deliver clear oral health messages, you will be required to be able to communicate effectively with a range of patients with various oral health care needs.
This qualification provides theoretical knowledge and practical skills necessary for the provision of oral health education by the dental nurse in the workplace. Practical experience is gained under the supervision of a dentist.
Feedback from previous candidates:
"Really enjoyed studying for my OHE certificate under brilliant guidance and teaching and would definitely recommend course to others".
"Course really interesting and fulfilling".
You will be expected to attend the Centre on the following dates:
GDC Registered Dental Nurses
This course will cover:
- The aetiology of oral disease
- Practical tips on how to prevent oral disease
- Health Promotion
- Planning and evaluating Oral Health Education sessions
By the end of this course dental nurses will be able to:
- Discuss the cause and prevention of specific Oral Diseases
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Have awareness of current reports, guidelines and research
- Undertake a written examination to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of Oral Health Education
- Demonstrate competency in providing Oral Health Education to patients through completion of a Record of Experience.
- GDC Registration Number
- Access to patients for Oral Health Education
- Self motivation
- Supportive employer who will supervise you in your workplace
- Good communication skills
To achieve the qualification you will need:
- Attend 80% of the course dates
- Successful completion of NEBDN Record of Experience which includes the compilation of 2 x 2000 word case studies
- Achieve pass mark in the NEBDN written examination
- Achieve pass mark in teh NEBDN oral examination
9.30 - 4.30 weekdays 10.00 - 4.00 weekends
Lecture Room, 3rd Floor Dental Extension, King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Caldecot Road London SE5 9RW
£995 (including NEBDN registration & examination fees)
How to apply
Please download and complete our application form and applicant checklist to apply for the course. Please ensure you read and complete all sections of the application form. Please note that any forms received into the centre that are incomplete will be returned.
Please follow the link below to make an online payment now:
Please note that prices may be subject to change.
For further information on the seminar please email Carol White or Maxine Durr at kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net or call 020 3299 1611 to speak with a member of the team.
You can also visit our website: http://dnetc.kch.nhs.uk/
If you require any accommodation please refer to our ‘How to find us’ page