Fluoride Application (DTEC Certificate)
20 May 2017
About the course
This course will provide the practical and theoretical knowledge and skills needed in order for dental nurses to competently apply topical fluoride to adult and child patients from a prescription of a dentist or as part of a community project.
Dental Nurses will be required to attend 1 day of training, complete online modules via our DTEC Virtual Learning Environment and complete a portfolio of evidence.
As this is a Blended Learning course, it is essential that you have access to a PC, internet and Microsoft Word.
Comments from previous candidates:
"Thoroughly enjoyed the course and would definitely recommend it to my colleagues. The Teaching Team at Kings is excellent".
GDC Registered Dental Nurses
This course will cover:
- Introduction to Clinical Patient Management
- Oral Disease
- Preventative Dentistry
- Topical Fluoride
By the end of the course dental nurses will be able to:
- Be competent in the safe selection and dosage of topical fluoride and have the knowledge of how to deal with an acute overdose of fluoride vanish
- Be familiar with the aetiology of dental disease and the principles of prevention
- Demonstrate competency in safely applying fluoride through completion of a portfolio of experience
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding through set assignments.
- GDC Registration Number
- Time to complete a Portfolio of Experience
- Supportive employer and supervising dentist who can act as a witness for you
- Access to adults requiring topical fluoride application
- Access to children requiring topical fluoride application
- Access to a PC, Internet and Microsoft Word
Please note that Candidates must have access to the following before enrolling on to the course:
- 7 Adults
- 7 Children / Young Adults
- Up to date Basic Life Support Certificate & evidence of CPD
- Online modules
- Submit a complete Portfolio of Experience
Lecture Room, 3rd Floor Dental Extension, Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Caldecot Road, London, SE5 9RW
How to apply
Please download and complete our application form and applicant checklist to apply for the course. Please ensure you read and complete all sections of the application form. Please note that any forms received into the centre that are incomplete will be returned.
Please follow the link below to make an online payment now:
Please note that prices may be subject to change.
For further information on the seminar please email Carol White or Maxine Durr at kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net or call 020 3299 1611 to speak with a member of the team. You can also visit our website: http://dnetc.kch.nhs.uk/
If you require any accommodation please refer to our ‘How to find us’ page