24 June 2017
About the course
The GDC requires all Dental Nurses to undertake regular CPD training. This seminar day has been especially designed to cover those core subjects in line with GDC guidelines. Our programme changes annually to ensure you receive up to date information within the core subjects covered.
This seminar will ensure that all participants are made aware of the current guidelines of the topics covered.
All Dental Care Professionals who are GDC registered
The course will cover:
- Updated information on possible Medical emergencies in the dental environment
- Important updates on Disinfection & Decontamination
- Radiography / Radiation Regulation update
- Overview of legal and ethical issues relating to the dental nurse.
By the end of the seminar delegates will be able to:
- Identify the potential 'emergency' situations which could arise in their specific working areas, know how to offer 'first aid' and deal with a collapsed casualty.
- Be aware of any existing contravention of the disinfection and decontamination policies within the individual working areas, and to know how to deal with these effectively.
- State current legislation and guidelines to improve practice relating to dental radiography.
- Practically apply current areas of ethical and professional responsibilities.
Please note: The sessions will consist of some practical activity; please ensure you wear suitable clothing and footwear to training sessions.
GDC Registration Number
Lecture Room 3rd Floor Dental Extension, Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Caldecot Road, London, SE5 9RW
How to apply
Please download and complete our application form to apply for the course. Please ensure you read and complete all sections of the application form. Please note that any forms received into the centre that are incomplete will be returned.
Please follow the link below to make an online payment now:
Please note that prices may be subject to change.
For further information on the seminar please email Carol White or Maxine Durr at kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net or call 020 3299 1611 to speak with a member of the team. You can also visit our website: http://dnetc.kch.nhs.uk/
If you require any accommodation please refer to our ‘How to find us’ page.